- Baked Camembert with Dried Figs, Cranberries, and Walnuts
- You can use Camembert or brie for this appetizer and pistachios if you prefer. The fruit mixture can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- Serves 8
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot jam, fig jam, chutney, or orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pistachios, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 round of Camembert or brie cheese
Preheat oven to 375 and lightly spray an oven proof dish with oil.
In a small bowl, add figs and cranberries and pour hot water over and allow to sit for 10 minutes to reconstitute the fruit. Drain well and return to bowl.
Add jam, walnuts, salt and pepper to the fruit and mix well. Add more jam if the mixture is too dry.
Place the cheese round in the baking dish and spread the mixture over the top of the cheese and allow it to cascade down the cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has lightly melted. Remove to serving platter.
Serve with crackers.