- Caramelized Pear, Shallot and Sage Crostini with Blue Cheese
- You can make the pear mixture the day before and assemble just before you serve it. Allow 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Makes 24 crostini
- 1 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 pears
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 baguette, sliced on an angle
Add some olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and add shallots. Cook until lightly browned and caramelized, around 10 minutes.
Hold pear by the stem and cut the cheeks off the pear but do not cut through the center core with the seeds. Place pears flat side down and cut pear into thin slices. Add pears to skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sage and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Taste for seasoning. Remove and allow to cool or refrigerate or a day.
To make crostini:
Preheat oven to 375. Place sliced baguette pieces on baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and bake until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To assemble - Line the crostini on a baking tray and place the pear mixture on each crostini. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and place on serving platter.