- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- Makes 28 pieces
- The filling can be made the day before and the peppers can be stuffed the day before and cooked right before you serve them.
- 14 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices center-cut bacon - cooked crispy and crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for garnish if desired
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato for garnish if desired
Place the jalapeno peppers on a tray and make the mixture.
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
Spread the cheese mixture on each half of the pepper. Peppers can be refrigerated for a day at this point.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees or heat grill to high.
Place peppers in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are browned on top or place peppers on grill and close lid and grill for 10-15 minutes until they are browned on top.
Place on serving platter and garnish with cilantro and tomatoes if desired.