- Greek Quiche with Artichoke, Kalamata Olives, Sundried Tomatoes, Oregano and Feta Cheese
- Serves 8
- This makes a great breakfast or brunch.
- 1 premade 9-inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 eggs + 2 yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add butter and sauté onion until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
Scatter onion, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and olives over pie shell. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and scatter feta cheese over top of quiche.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, add eggs and yolks, milk, cream or half and half, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well and pour over vegetables.
Place on bottom rack in oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed. Remove and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
Can be served hot or room temperature.