- Overnight Oatmeal with Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Cherries
- Makes 2 servings
- I know it doesn't look or sound like much, but it is delicious and the berries and the garnish of toasted almonds really make this something I look forward to. I make up 2 days worth because it takes the oats some time to soak everything up. Trader Joe's has toasted almonds that I always have in the refrigerator to add to desserts and salads and they taste so much better toasted. Trader Joe's also has a great frozen berry blend with cherries that make it easy to quickly microwave and serve over the oatmeal.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup rolled oats -not the instant kind
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- fresh fruit for garnish
- toasted almonds for garnish
In a bowl with a tight fitting lid, add banana and mash well. Add all of the ingredients and and mix well and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
The next morning - put half of the oatmeal in a bowl and if you like it thinner, add some water or almond milk to the desired consistency and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Put the fruit mixture over the oatmeal and sprinkle some toasted sliced almonds over the top for garnish.