- Beef Tenderloin
- It's important to allow the beef to come to room temperature to evenly roast the beef. You can butter and season the beef and allow it to set on the counter for 30-40 minutes before roasting for optimal seasoning.
- serves 8-10
- 1 whole (4 To 5 pound) beef tenderloin (butt end), room temperature
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cups prepared demi glace
- 1 cup red wine
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
Place the beef on a baking sheet and pat the outside dry with a paper towel. Spread the butter on with your hands. Sprinkle evenly with the salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Allow to come to room temperature - about 30-40 minutes.
To a large skillet add olive oil over medium high heat and brown tenderloin on all sides. Place an oven rack on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for exactly 22 minutes for rare and 25 minutes for medium-rare or until a thermometer reads 140.
Remove from oven and place on carving board. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-20 minutes.
While beef is roasting, make the gravy. To the skillet, add the wine and gently scrape the browned bits. Add the demi glace and bring to a boil and reduce to medium. Add any accumulated juices from the resting meat and cook for 8-10 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Place in gravy boat to serve.
Carve the beef and place on serving platter to serve.