- Grilled Asian Strip Steak
- It’s alright if you don’t have cilantro or green onions, the marinade is good enough without it.
- Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 lbs. strip steak, flank steak or hanger steak
In a medium bowl or large plastic bag, add all ingredients except steak and mix well. Add steak and allow to marinate 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Allow meat to come to room temperature – around 30 minutes before cooking.
Heat outdoor grill to high, or turn broiler on to high.
Grill meat without turning it until it has browned. Turn and continue cooking until the meat is cooked to your liking. Remove to a carving board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.