- Ravioli Lasagna Casserole
- You can use any fresh ravioli you want and you can keep it vegetarian by using cheese or butternut squash filling if you prefer. You can saute an onion and garlic if you want and add it to the marinara along with some fresh basil. Trader Joe's has a big bag of a mixture of Italian cheeses which is good that I used in this dish.
- Serves 8
- 24 ounces good quality gourmet tomato sauce
- 20 ounces fresh ravioli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino-Romano
- 1 cup water
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Add just enough marinara sauce to the baking dish to coat the bottom. Begin to layer with half the pasta (uncooked), half of the remaining sauce, half of the mozzarella, and half of the Cheddar blend, Repeat the layers a second time. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Press the layers down to level and carefully pour 1 cup of along the sides of the dish to not mess up the top.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake until the edges are bubbling around 40-50 minutes. Remove foil and allow the top to brown.Allow to cool about 10 minutes before slicing.