Moroccan Spice Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Moroccan Spice Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (low fat or whole milk)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425. Place a crimped piece of foil on a baking tray (for easier cleanup)
- In a small bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, yogurt, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for several hours.
- In a small bowl, add breadcrumbs mustard seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place tenderloin on a piece of plastic wrap and coat entire tenderloin with the yogurt mixture. Roll the tenderloin in the breadcrumb mixture, patting it all over so the mixture adheres to the meat. Place on foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the tenderloins for 10 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the tenderloin reads 140°F, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Transfer the pork to a carving board and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving it into 1/2-inch-thick slices.