- Fresh Cherry Tomato, Garlic, Basil and Parmesan Pasta
- This quick, simple, no cook pasta sauce is great as a main course or side dish in the summer when tomatoes are at their peak.
- Serves 4
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ pound cappelini or spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook as directed.
In a food processor, add tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Pulse for several seconds until chunky.
Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the water and set aside.
In a serving bowl, add pasta and add tomato mixture. Toss well. If the pasta seems a little dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil and serve.