- Orzo with Indian Spices, Almonds and Raisins
- Orzo is a rice shaped pasta and is also good served cold in pasta salads.
- Serves 4
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or water, plus more if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
In a saucepan over high heat add chicken broth, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric, and cardamom and bring to a boil. Add orzo and stir. Reduce to medium and continue cooking stirring occasionally until almost cooked through around 10-12 minutes. Add more liquid if the pasta becomes dry. The pasta should be creamy and loose. Add raisins, almonds and parsley (optional) and mix well. Taste for seasoning. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente.
Remove from heat and serve.