- Chicken, Sundried Tomato and Basil Alfredo
- You can use fettuccine noodles.
- Serves 6
- 1/2 pound gigli pasta or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes packed in olive oil, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, add olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Allow to lightly brown on one side and turn, browning other side. Remove to a platter. The chicken will not be cooked through at this point.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta and cook according to manufacturers instructions. Remove 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and set aside.
Add a little more olive oil and add onion and saute until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds and add cream. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Add sundried tomatoes and chicken and taste for salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add Parmesan cheese and basil and gently mix. Add the pasta and gently toss. If the sauce is too thick add some of the reserved pasta water until desired consistency.
Serve and garnish with Parmesan cheese.