- Citrus Salad over Bed of Arugula with a Date and Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette, Almonds, and Green Olives
- You can use pomegranate vinegar, cider vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar, or rice vinegar.
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon date and fig balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby salad greens
- ½ small red onion or 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered or cut into segments
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted picholine olives
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pistachios
In a small bowl, add honey, salt, pepper and vinegar and whisk until combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
In a bowl, add onion, oranges, olives, salt and pepper. Toss gently. Place arugula in a bowl and toss with some vinaigrette to lightly coat. Place arugula on individual salad plates and top with orange mixture and drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with almonds. Serve.