- Four Bean Salad
- Serves 6
- You can use any bean you have on hand for this salad and this salad is best if made the day before.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. green beans - blanched
- 8 oz. yellow beans – blanched, or 8 oz. can, drained, rinsed
- 1 can – 16 oz. kidney beans, rinsed
- 8 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
In a small saucepan over medium high heat, add vinegar's, sugar, oil, salt and pepper and garlic and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until sugar dissolves – about 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
In a storage bowl or Tupperware add beans, red onion and parsley and pour vinaigrette over and allow to chill overnight.
Bring to room temperature to serve. Can be kept in refrigerator for 4 days.