- Pea and Pesto Pasta Salad
- Serves 10
- You could also use 1 cup of a a store-bought pesto. You can make the day before.
- 1/2 pound bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta
- 2 large handfuls of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool the pasta. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a food processor make the pesto - add basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and process until a paste. Slowly add the olive oil. Taste for seasoning.
Add the spinach and mayonnaise to the pesto and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
In a mixing bowl, add the pesto sauce to the pasta and mix well. Add the peas and mix well.
To serve: place in serving bowl and garnish with fresh basil leaves.