- Salad with Fresh Peaches, Almonds, Feta and Mint Vinaigrette
- You can use peaches or nectarines and feta or goat cheese for this salad.
- serves 6
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 12 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup slivered mint
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ripe peaches or nectarines, sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
In a small saucepan over medium high heat, add mint and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Remove and allow to cool down. Strain into a bowl.
To the lemon juice mixture, add vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk well. Drizzle olive oil until well combined. Taste for seasoning.
In a salad bowl, add remaining ingredients and just before serving, toss with vinaigrette.