- Carrots with Orange Glaze, Za’atar, Cranberries and Pistachios
- You can use any carrots you like, but I used rainbow carrots. You can cut them in half or on the diagonal or for a no fuss option, use the package of baby carrots.
- Serves 6
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons orange zest and juice of orange
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 4 teaspoons za'atar spice mix or 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon oregano, 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, 1 teaspoons sumac
- 3 tablespoons roasted, chopped, pistachios
In a small bowl mix marmalade, zest, juice and mix well. Set aside.
In a skillet, add butter over medium high heat and add carrots, cranberries, salt, pepper, and orange glaze mixture. Mix well and place lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring. Remove lid and add spices and a little water if the mixture is becoming too dry and cook the carrots to your likeness. Taste for seasoning.
Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with pistachios.