- Roasted Mexican Corn with Cotija Cheese
- This corn is good either roasted in the oven or cooked on the grill.
- Serves 6
- 6 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle sauce (or more to taste) or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija, Queso Fresco, or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 425 or preheat grill. If using the oven, line a baking sheet with foil.
Gently pull down husks from corn without breaking off and tie with a piece of cotton string. Remove the silks and place on a baking sheet.
In a bowl add mayonnaise, yogurt, chipotle sauce, zest, juice, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of cheese and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
Lightly brush each corn corn with mayonnaise mixture (reserve some) and place in oven or on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes and turn and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and brush the remaining mayonnaise mixture over corn and sprinkle with cheese and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve.