- Roasted Acorn Squash with Miso Glaze
- You can find white miso in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. It keeps for a long time and you can make a great salad dressing with it as well. You can use acorn, kabocha or butternut squash for this recipe and the miso glaze is also good on eggplant slices that you can also roast in the oven. You can also use the roasted squash as a main ingredient in a salad served room at temperature.
- Serves 4-5
- 6 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup sake or fino sherry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 acorn squash, cut into 6 slices and seeded
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a silpat liner on a baking sheet or line sheet with foil and spray with olive oil.
In a blender or food processor, add miso, ginger, sake, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, and brown sugar and process until mixed well.
Place squash on baking sheet and use a pastry brush to brush miso mixture on each side to coat thoroughly. You will have some leftover sauce.
Bake for 15 minutes. Brush slices with remaining sauce (you will have some left over) and cook until tender when thick edges are pierced with a fork, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot or warm.