Mexican Salsa Cheese Ball
- Mexican Salsa Cheese Ball
- You can make the cheese ball into any shape and omit the stem if you don't want to make a pumpkin.
- Serves 10-12
- 2 8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup crushed Doritos
- stem of pepper
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the Doritos and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
- Take a piece of plastic wrap and place it on a small plate and take the cream cheese mixture and shape it in the form of a pumpkin. Lightly wrap and place in refrigerator to set about 1 hour or overnight.
- Take a large handful of Doritos and place in plastic bag and crush. Remove cheese ball from refrigerator and gently press crushed Doritos all around ball. With the back of a knife, make ridges of a pumpkin and place the pepper stem in center of cheese ball.
- Serve with Doritos or crackers.