Minted Pea Dip
- Minted Pea Dip
- This dip is easy to make especially with thawed green peas. It can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator. Serve it with fresh vegetables, crostini or crackers. You could also make individual appetizers and spread the dip on a toasted crouton and garnish with some whole peas, a small sprig of fresh mint and then finely zest a lemon and sprinkle it over the crouton.
- makes 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh (already shelled), blanched peas or frozen green peas, defrosted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a food process and pulse until smooth. Taste for lemon or salt and pepper and add more olive oil if it is too thick.
Can be made the day before and refrigerated.