- Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
- This is such a delicious sauce to accompany bouillabaisse or any shell fish. It's also great as an appetizer on a garlic crouton.
- makes 1 1/2 cups
- pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
In a small bowl add saffron and 2 teaspoons very hot water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
In a mini food processor add mayonnaise, red peppers, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse until the peppers are chopped. Add bread crumbs and pulse until the red peppers are still visible in very small pieces. Add saffron and quickly pulse. Taste for seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made the day before.