- Scallops and Mango Wrapped in Prosciutto with Dill Glaze
- Makes 30 appetizers
- These appetizers can be made the day before and refrigerated until you broil them. The saltiness of the prosciutto, and the sweetness of the scallops and mango, really makes this a great hors d’oeuvre that everyone really loves. You can also use papaya.
- 8 ounces prosciutto or bacon, thinly sliced and halved lengthwise
- 15 sea scallops, halved crosswise
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 green onions, including green tops, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch slices
- Mustard Cream Sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper
Lay about half of the pancetta or bacon on a cutting board. Place a scallop half on the end of each prosciutto slice. Lay a piece of mango and some green onions on top of the scallop and roll up in the prosciutto. Skewer the prosciutto through the scallop to secure the insides. Repeat with remaining prosciutto. Can be made the day before and refrigerated.
To make the sauce:
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix to blend.
Preheat grill or broiler.
With a pastry brush, coat the prosciutto pieces with the cream mixture. Place scallops on grill. Alternately, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil with crimped edges, and set a wire rack on top of the foil. Line the scallop wraps in a row and wrap toothpicks with foil to prevent toothpicks from burning. Place prosciutto pieces on the rack and broil for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Serve.