- Grilled Shrimp with Asian Pesto
- You can buy already cooked shrimp to save the step. The shrimp can be served as an appetizer or placed on salad greens and served as a salad.
- Serves 12 guests appetizers
- Asian Pesto:
- 3/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 serrano chile, ribs and seeds removed if you don’t want too much heat
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 handfuls Thai basil, or Genovese basil leaves
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 48 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
In a food processor add peanuts, serrano chili, garlic, ginger, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, salt, pepper, and sugar and process until almost smooth. Do not over mix. Add the herbs and quickly pulse until the herbs are finely chopped. Check for seasoning.
To a medium bowl, add canola oil, garlic, salt, pepper and shrimp. Toss gently to coat the shrimp.
Preheat grill basket. Gently toss shrimp in grill basket and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked almost all the way through. It will continue to cook a little more when taken off the heat.
Place shrimp on a serving platter and liberally drizzle with pesto or place pesto in a small bowl and allow guests to dip the shrimp in pesto.