- Smoked Salmon Pizza with Crème Fraiche and Dill
- You can make your own pizza dough, or buy the dough from Trader Joe’s or your favorite pizzeria to make life simple. The pizza is best when it is made and served right away. If you want to make several pizzas, you can stretch the dough ahead of time and place on cookie sheets and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Makes 1 pizza and serves 8
- 6 ounces pizza dough, room temperature
- small red onion, very thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- 6 ounces sliced gravlax or smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- fresh dill, fronds removed from stalks
- lemon zest
- caviar (optional)
- capers (optional)
Preheat oven to 450.
Stretch the dough into at least a 14-inch x 12-inch rectangle, or larger if you want a really thin crust. Place on a large pizza stone or lightly greased baking sheet. Place onions over top of dough (leaving a small crust around sides) and lightly brush olive oil over entire pizza. Salt and pepper pizza, and place in oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and cooked. Remove and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
Spread crème fraîche over pizza and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover pizza with salmon, and sprinkle fresh dill and lemon zest over entire top. Garnish with caviar if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
You can also garnish with capers.