- Thai Chicken Larb Salad Appetizer
- To serve as an appetizer, spoon the larb onto endive leaves or baby butter lettuce leaves. The mixture can be made the day before and refrigerated. The appetizer can be made a few hours before serving and stored in the refrigerator.
- 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup shallot, red onion, or green onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Thai chile (or less), such as prik kee noo, or 1 serrano chile, stemmed and finely diced
- large handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- small handful fresh mint or basil, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 endives, ends cut and leaves separated or separated small baby lettuce leaves
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook break up meat and cook until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Drain any grease. Place in mixing bowl and allow to cool.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste for fish sauce and lime juice and add more if needed.
Can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator.
To serve, place a small amount on individual endive leaves or baby butter leaves and serve.