- Heirloom Tomato and Fresh Basil Crostini
- This is best when made when summer tomatoes are at their peak. Any leftover can be tossed with hot pasta and crumble the crostini over and serve.
- Serves 6
- 3 medium size heirloom tomatoes, any variety, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large basil leaves finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper and gently mix. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350.
Place baguette slices on baking tray and with a pastry brush, brush olive oil on one side and lightly sprinkle with salt. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove and take a garlic clove and rub over each baguette slice. Allow to cool. Can be made several days before and kept in plastic bag.
Put tomatoes in serving bowl and serve alongside the crostini. Serve.