- Baked Oatmeal
- This is a snap to put together and delicious, but you have to start the night before. The recipe can easily be halved and baked in an 8x8-inch pan to serve 4. I used a package of frozen cherries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries mix from Trader Joes and it was wonderful, but you can use any fresh fruit or combination as well. If you like cinnamon in your oatmeal, add it with the coconut and brown sugar. Serve with milk or half and half, or on its own.
- Serves 6-8
- 4 cups very hot water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut (toasted is even better)
- 2 cups fruit, can be frozen (no need to thaw)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
The night before, in a 9x13 baking dish, add oatmeal, hot water, salt, butter and vanilla and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit overnight on the counter.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To the baking dish, mix in brown sugar and coconut. Arrange fruit evenly over top and sprinkle sugar over fruit.
5 WW Points
Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the oatmeal is bubbling.
Remove and serve.