- Corned Beef Hash
- I like to use leftover corned beef hash that I freeze so I can make this for a weekend breakfast or even for dinner.
- Serves 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cooked corned beef hash, diced
- 2 or 4 eggs, poached or fried
- chopped parsley for garnish - optional
In a skillet over medium high heat add olive oil and onion and cook until lightly browned - about 6-7 minutes. Add potatoes, red pepper, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper (not too much salt because the corned beef is salty) and corned beef. Toss to coat with the oil and allow to cook and get lightly browned on one side before turning and allowing several sides to get brown. Cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a knife and there is a nice crust.
Meanwhile, poach or fry eggs to go on top if you would like.
To serve, place hash on plate and top with cooked eggs and garnish with parsley.