- Frittata with Asparagus, Pancetta and Goat Cheese
- You can use any vegetables like red pepper, zucchini, cooked potatoes, and bacon, prosciutto or ham in this dish. Use any herb you like. Parmesan, cheddar, fontina, manchego and blue cheese are all great in this dish.
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 4 stalks asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Heat the oil in a heavy 9 1/2-inch-diameter skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add pancetta and cook until the pancetta is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
In a bowl add eggs, salt, pepper, cream and whisk well. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and add asparagus and goat cheese and cook over medium-low heat until the egg mixture is almost set but the top is still loose, about 3 minutes. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the top is set and golden brown, about 6-10 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Cut the frittata into wedges.
Sprinkle with basil and serve.