- Ginger Cream Cheese and Carrot Tea Sandwiches
- These sandwiches are best if made before you plan to serve, but you can make the cream cheese mixture the day before and store in the refrigerator. You can use any cookie cutter shape or just cut them in fourths.
- Makes 25 tea sandwiches
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger - or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- good quality wheat or white bread
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- organic violets, chive blossoms or other edible flower for garnish
In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, ginger, salt and pepper and mix well. Can be made the day before.
Take a piece of bread and with a cookie cutter, cut bread. Spread with cream cheese mixture and grate carrot over each sandwich and garnish with flower petal and place on serving plate.