- I don't use expensive wine because the fruit masks any nuances in the wine. You can use red, white, or sparkling wine. You can use any combination of fruit and seasonal fruit like peaches or nectarines. Grapes are also good in this.
- Serves 10
- 2 bottles of red or white wine
- 1/4 cup frozen orange or apple concentrate
- 1 cup Cointreau or orange liquor (optional)
- 1 orange, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 lemon, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries, blackberries, strawberries or combination
- sparkling water (optional)
In a large serving pitcher add all ingredients (except sparkling water) and mix well. Squeeze half the fruit over the wine before you add it. Refrigerate. Can be made a day ahead.
Serve over ice with a splash of sparkling water if you like.