- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
- This is a quick dish to put together. You can make the vinaigrette earlier in the day.
- Serves 6
- 6 chicken breasts – boneless and skinless
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard – or Dijon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons dried herbs– use assortment of thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil, parsley, tarragon
In a large bowl, place chicken and allow to come to room temperature while you are making the marinade.
In a small food processor, add garlic, mustard, honey, zest, juice, salt and pepper and process until well mixed. Slowly add olive oil, processing each time until you have a thin mayonnaise consistency. Taste to make sure there is enough lemon juice and add more if needed. Add herbs and process until large herbs are just broken down, but do not puree.
Prepare grill. Place chicken breasts on grill over medium low heat and allow to cook without turning for 8 minutes (this keeps it moist). Check the chicken and turn over if nicely browned. Continue cooking another 8 minutes and check for doneness.
Remove to serving plate and drizzle remaining marinade over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh herbs and serve.
6 WW points