- Vietnamese Chicken and Lettuce Wraps
- You can use beef, pork tenderloin or shrimp instead of chicken or omit all meat and make it vegetarian.
- Serves 4
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 bag of rice thread noodles
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1-inch long batons
- 2 green onion, sliced
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Thai bird chilie pepper or jalapeno pepper, finely diced (use as much or little as you like for the heat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
In a bowl, add chicken and teriyaki marinade and marinate 20 minutes to several hours.
Heat grill and cook chicken until thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes per side. Remove and set aside until cool and then cut into serving pieces. Place in serving dish.
In a bowl, add rice thread noodles and cover with lukewarm water and allow to reconstitute, about 10 minutes. Drain and allow to dry a little before placing in serving bowl.
Place lettuce leaves, grated carrots, cucumber, green onions, cilantro and mint in individual bowls.
In a small bowl, add all the Vietnamese dipping sauce ingredients and stir well.
Place all ingredients on a large serving platter and allow everyone to make their own lettuce leaf and drizzle with the sauce.