- Salmon Wrapped in Prosciutto with Kale, Tomatoes and Basil
- Trader Joe’s has frozen basil that comes in a plastic container. It’s great to have in the freezer to use at a moment’s notice so you can have fresh basil on hand.
- Serves 4
- 4 filets of salmon, skin removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cups baby kale
- 4 stalks fresh basil, chopped, or 4 squares frozen basil
Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon and wrap with prosciutto. In a large skillet add olive oil over medium high heat and cook salmon 5-6 minutes or until mostly cooked all the way through. Remove to plate.
Add onion to skillet and sauté until lightly browned about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat until they have lost most of their liquid. Add kale and cook until it is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add basil and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Return salmon to skillet to warm through. Serve.