- Chicken and Mango Salad with Orange-Ginger Dressing
- Roasted chicken from the grocery store is an easy alternative to grilling the chicken. Trader Joe’s usually has sliced fresh mango in the vegetable section and a great salad mix with fresh herbs that is good in the salad.
- Serves 6
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 cooked, skinless boneless chicken breast halves, grilled or roasted, shredded
- 2 bags baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
In a food processor, add orange juice, honey mustard, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper and blend well. Slowly stream in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Can be made the day before.
In a large salad bowl, add salad greens, cilantro, mango, onion, red pepper and chicken and toss with dressing and serve.