- Fresh Corn, Red Pepper and Basil Salad
- This is a great salad to make with leftover cooked corn or you can use frozen corn.
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 ears of corn, cooked, corn cut off cob, or 6 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- handful of basil, chopped
In a small bowl add lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper and mix well. Slowly drizzle oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Taste for seasoning.
In a medium bowl, add corn, red pepper and green onion. Drizzle vinaigrette over and mix well. Add basil and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
Can be made the day before.