- Salad Niçoise
- This salad is more of a composed salad where you gather all cooked vegetables you want together and then assemble. You can use any vegetables you like. To grill vegetables, just toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill. To roast beets, wash and wrap them with foil. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until you can easily pierce the beet with the tip of a knife. Allow to cool and remove skin and dice.
- Serves 6
- 24 baby new potatoes, cooked and shocked in an ice bath
- 1 lb. green beans, cooked, blanched and shocked in an ice bath
- 10 eggs, cooked to hard boiled, shocked in an ice bath, peeled, and cut in half
- 4 beets, roasted and cut in quarters
- 4 zucchini, sliced long and grilled
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, grilled
- 1 red pepper, sliced, grilled
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced, grilled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 cup Niçoise olives, drained
- Oregano Vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano taken off stem
Vinaigrette: in a small food processor, add garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, and vinegar and process well. Slowly drizzle olive oil. Add oregano and pulse a few times until the oregano is cut a little. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
On a large serving platter, arrange all the vegetables and scatter cherry tomatoes and Niçoise olives over.
Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetables right before serving.