- *Mixed Baby Greens with Grapes, Fennel, Blue Cheese,
- and Toasted Pecans with an Apricot Vinaigrette*
- The dressing can be made the day before. You can buy candied pecans or walnuts at the grocery store.
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard or Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or rice vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot or 2 tablespoons onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups red or green seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens (8 cups of pre-washed lettuce)
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola (or any blue cheese), crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted or candied pecans or walnuts
Vinaigrette: In a mini food processor mix all vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside. Check for balance of vinegar and sweetness. Can be made earlier in the day.
If you are making this salad ahead and assembling just before you serve:
Put the sliced fennel and shallot in a zip lock bag in refrigerator, along with the sliced grapes until you serve the salad.
When ready to serve:
In a large salad bowl, add lettuce, fennel, shallots, and grapes and toss well with the vinaigrette. Add cheese and nuts and toss well. Serve.