- Salad of Baby Greens with Sliced Fuji Apple, Scallions, Candied Pecans and Blue Cheese with a Pomegranate Balsamic Vinaigrette
- There are lots of great balsamic vinegars you can also use like cherry, fig,and lemon balsamic, or you can use red vinegar or sherry vinegar. I buy already prepared candied walnuts (Diamond brand) that come in a bag in the nut section.
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons honey Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1 Fuji apple or pear, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied pecans or candied walnuts
In a small bowl, add vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk well. Slowly drizzle olive oil until emulsified. Taste for seasoning.
In a salad bowl, add baby greens, apple, and scallion and drizzle vinaigrette over greens and toss well. Add blue cheese and candied pecans and mix well.