- Baked Beans
- These baked beans are easily doubled to serve over 20 and can be made several days before.
- Serves 12
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 cans – 16 ounces pork and beans
- 1 can – 16 ounces butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can – 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large 2 ½ Dutch oven over medium high heat, add bacon and sauté until brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a dish and set aside.
Add onion and sauté until lightly browned about 8-10 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until the beef is cooked through. With a baster, remove any grease.
Add remaining ingredients and the bacon and bring to a boil. Place in oven and bake uncovered for an hour, stirring several times.
Remove and taste for seasoning. Serve.