- Grilled Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- These potatoes are delicious on the grill and can be made several hours ahead and then cooked on the grill. I also use sweet potatoes and they are also delicious. Microwave the potatoes until they are cooked and reserve until needed.
- Serves 6
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 medium garlic cloves - halved (optional) or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or fresh thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds red bliss potatoes, scrubbed and halved
In a large microwaveable bowl add olive oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons rosemary or thyme, salt and pepper and mix well. Add potatoes and coat well. Place in microwave, lightly covered and cook 5 minutes. Remove and toss. Continue cooking another 3-5 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked when the tip of a knife easily pierces the potato. Remove from microwave and set aside until needed. Drain excess oil from potatoes. The potatoes can be cooked ahead of time and set aside.
Pre-heat grill. Carefully place potatoes on hot grill (oil can flare up) flat side down, and grill until lightly browned on one side, and keep turning and browning on all sides - around 3 minutes each side. When fully grilled, add potatoes back to bowl and add some fresh rosemary and toss well to coat. Serve.