- Fresh Apple Cake with Cider Glaze
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups peeled and finely chopped or grated apples
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 325. Generously spray or grease a bundt cake pan. (I like the Pam baking spray with flour in it)
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract; and mix well. Fold apples, coconut, and pecans into batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester comes out clean, about 60-90 minutes.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack.
In a bowl, add powdered sugar, cider, and vanilla. It should be the consistency of whipped cream so add more cider if needed.
When the cake is completely cooled, pour glaze over top of cake and allow to set before serving.