- I like to make this in a plastic bowl that you can melt the butter in the microwave and mix it all in the same bowl for easy clean up. I like to use Valhrona unsweetened coco powder. Take them out of the oven when there is still a crumb on the toothpick for very fudgey brownies.
- Makes 9 brownies (or more smaller brownies)
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
In a glass or plastic bowl, add butter and place in microwave. Melt the butter - about 30-40 seconds.
Add sugar, coco powder, salt, and vanilla and mix well with a whisk. Add eggs and whisk well. Add flour and mix until combined. Add nuts (optional) and mix well.
Spread batter evenly in baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a crumb clings to a toothpick when placed in center of brownie. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.