- Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- These cookies are like fudgey brownie cookies. To decorate and make these cookies even more decadent, you can melt white chocolate and put it in a baggie and drizzle the chocolate over the cookies and then in the opposite direction. For Christmas cookies, you can sprinkle finely crushed candy canes over the warm white chocolate decoration. These cookies freeze well.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 2 pounds semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Melt half of the chocolate. In a mixing bowl add butter and mix well. Add warm chocolate and brown sugar and mix well to incorporate. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts (optional) and mix well to incorporate.
Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, use a small cookie scoop and place dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookie is slightly raised and slightly cracked. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container.