- Crystallized Ginger Cookies
- Makes 3 dozen
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup sugar + 1/3 cup sugar to roll cookies
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350.
In a mixing bowl, add butter and mix to combine. Add 1 1/3 cups sugar and beat until well blended. Add egg, molasses, and crystallized ginger and beat well.
Add dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle 1/3 cup sugar on a plate. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop and roll into a ball and then roll in the sugar and place on baking tray set 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and the tops are just starting to crack. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
Store in plastic container or freeze.