- Super Fudge Brownies
- Everyone has their preference for brownies – either with nuts and studded throughout with chocolate chips or without. Make them any way you prefer. Don’t over beat the egg mixture because these are wonderful fudgey brownies and you don’t want to over bake and become cake-like. When testing the brownies for doneness, make sure to remove them when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs on it.
- 1 pound butter, diced
- 14 ounces chocolate chips (Ghiradelli or Valhrona are my favorite)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9x13-baking pan with foil, and butter the foil for easy removal of baked brownies. You can also just butter or spray oil in a 9x13-baking pan.
In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the butter and chocolate. Set aside to cool.
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix well to combine about 1 minute. Scrape bowl, and mix 30 seconds. Add cooled chocolate and mix until combined. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine. Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate chips if desired.
Put batter into pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs and the edges are set and puffed.
Remove to cooling rack and allow to completely cool.