- Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow Mix
- Crazy name but the mix is delicious. Use seasonal candy if you want to make it a seasonal snack.
- 9 cups corn Chex cereal or any Chex cereal combination
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup M&M candy (optional)
Put the Chex cereal into a very large bowl and set aside.
In a microwavable bowl, add peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter and microwave for 30 seconds and remove and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds or until the mixture has melted and is smooth when you stir it. Stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture over cereal and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
Put powdered sugar into a 2 gallon resealable food storage plastic bag and add 2 cups of cereal and toss until evenly coated. Shake remaining powdered sugar off and spread on a baking tray and continue with remaining cereal. Sprinkle M&M’s over cereal and gently toss.
Store in an airtight container.