- Nectarine and Blueberry Crumble
- This recipe has been a family favorite. It is originally my Grandmother’s recipe, and we all loved it when she would bake it for us. It is so simple, but very good. You can use any combination of fruit. Peaches and blueberries, figs and raspberries, all apples with cinnamon and cloves, or any fruit your family likes. If using all berries, add a little flour to the fruit before baking. This is also a great recipe to make for a crowd in large pans.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter – cold, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 nectarine or peaches, pit removed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (can be frozen and placed directly in baking dish)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a food processor, add flour, sugar, butter, and salt. Process until very fine – almost like grains of sand. Place in refrigerator.
In a greased 9x13 pan, add nectarines and blueberries. Sprinkle sugar over the fruit if you think it needs it. Sprinkle half of the crumble mixture over fruit, and lightly press down. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over entire pan. Bake for 30- 40 minutes, or until light golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
Serve hot or cold. It’s great with vanilla ice cream or custard!