- Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Makes 30 1-inch cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Nutella, a chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
In mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.
Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350. Use a 1-inch ice cream scoop and drop dough 3-inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake for about 9-10 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to cooling racks.